HomeKit is a popular smart home system which offers a lot of benefits. If you use Apple devices, then setting up HomeKit will be a breeze. In this blog, we will discuss the process of setting up Apple HomeKit accessories on iPhone
Adding an accessory in Home app on your iOS device
First of all, check all the precautionary steps to add accessory to the Home application. It includes checking its working mode, whether it is powered on or not. Then examine its user manual to check its needs of additional hardware for customizing home accessories.
Follow these simple steps to know how it will work:
- Launch the Home app on the iPhone.
- Hit the “Add Accessory” option.
- Once the accessory emerges out, hit on it. In case you are required to connect your accessory to the network, then hit the “Yes” option to allow.
- Then you will be required to scan an eight-digit HomeKit scan code from your device camera. Alternatively, you may type it in a manual way also.
- Now, you have to provide some of the information related to your tool/accessory. For example; its name or location in which it is placed. Then, Siri will automatically identify all the information that you have provided for your accessory.
- Then, hit the “Next” button and tap “Done” to confirm.
- If you desire to manage some specific accessories like Honeywell thermostats, then you have to undergo additional setups through the particular app.
Customizing accessories under Home Application
You may manage all the information and other settings related to your accessory. Continue with these steps:
- First of all, tap the “Home app” to open on your Smartphone.
- Go to the bottom portion and hit the “Home” tab.
- Then you have to hold any accessory and hit “Details.”
- Here you may provide all the information related to your accessory like:
- Name of your selected accessory/tools.
- A specified location.
- Type of accessory.
- Place your accessory into the “Favorites” section to access it easily from your Home tab, Apple Watch or Control Center.
- Switch the notifications bar to enable mode to get any status and notifications from it.
Managing favorite scene in your Home app
The scenes enable you to handle one or more accessories in one go. For example, The “Bye” scene allows the users to adjust/manage the lights and thermostats on the Home application.
- First of all, launch the “Home” application.
- Then hit the “Home tab”/”Rooms” button.
- Now you have to add any of your desired scenes by tapping the “+” symbol.
You may apply any of the suggested scenes or make a scene in a custom way.
4. Hit on any of your desired option from “Add” or “Remove” accessories options.
5. Now select any of the accessories that you like to join.
6. Now hit the “Done” option to save your modifications.
You may apply these points to bring other changes into your scene effects:
- In order to customize your scene, you have to hold and then modify its appearance settings.
- You have to touch on your desired scene, which you wish to preview.
- You have to turn the Show in Favorites option into “ON” mode to view your favorite scene from your Home bar, Control Center, or Apple Watch functions.
7. Then hit on the “Done” option to complete your action.
Sharing access your Home kit Devices on iOS with others
First of all, you have to make sure that your friends or other people have an iOS device running on iOS-10 edition and have access to iCloud.
To do this method, follow these steps:
- First of all, open the Home application on your Smartphone.
- Then go to Home tab located at the lower part of your Home application.
- Hit the “Rocket” tab.
- Then, you have to hit on the “Invite” option.
- Next, type the specified Apple ID of your friend/person. Then hit the “Send Invite” option.
Accepting HomeKit Invitation on iPhone
- Just launch the Home application over your iPhone.
- Hit the rocket symbol.
- Then hit the Home Settings option.
- Then touch on the “Accept” option.
- Next, hit the “Done” tab.
- Now, you may hit the rocket symbol. Then touch your desired Home name to customize it.
Removing and Resetting Home accessories on iOS
- First of all, navigate the Home application to launch on your iPhone by tapping on it.
- Now, hit the “Home” tab.
- Search for the small rocket symbol present at the upper-right edge of your phone’s screen. Then touch on it to expand.
- Now, tap the “Remove Home” option at the lower portion of your screen by scrolling the page.
- Now touch the “Delete” tab to confirm the deletion.
- Now check the manual or search for the button to reset your HomeKit accessories.
Deam Jones is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.