Microsoft recently launched its new Remote Desktop app for Windows 10 operating system which can be available on the Windows Store app. Using this new Remote Desktop app one can easily connect their computer to any other computer system over an internet or local network. For successfully connecting a device to another Windows device remotely, one may need to set up the PC that you are attempting to forward and access the right port on the router.
In this blog, we will discuss few simple steps to easily setup your network and PC to allocate remote desktop connections and also guide you with the steps of How to setup Remote Desktop app. Well, there are multiple ways available for setting up Remote Desktop app, but we assist you with best and effective methods which are as follows:
Set Up Remote Connections to your Computer System.
Steps to Remotely Connect to a Windows 10 PC
Underneath are some simple steps which help you in setting up a new Remote Desktop app to a Windows 10 PC. However, these steps are quite easy, but we suggest you follow them in the way it described in the article. Otherwise, it creates lots of trouble and unwanted errors. Here how to connect it:
Ways to Set Up Remote Connection to a Windows 10 Computer System
The Remote Desktop app is a very uncomplicated process. Well, if you are trying to connect a Remote Desktop connection over internet connection, here is the complete process.
Steps to Turn On Remote Connection on your Computer System
If any users are starting a remote desktop connection in their local network, one may need to ensure that the computer user is trying to access configured to allow to handle remote desktop. In order to setup a remote computer to accept the remote connections, you need to follow these steps which are as follows:
- Click on the ‘Control Panel’ to launch it on the device screen.
- Tap on ‘System & Security’ option.
- Now, press the ‘Allow Remote Desktop Access’ option.
- Ensure that you have selected the ‘Allow Remote Connections to this Computer’ option in the Remote Desktop app.
- Press ‘OK’ tab followed by the ‘Apply’ button.
- Again, press the ‘OK’ tab to finish the task.
Once you done with the steps, your computer system will automatically set up remote connections and the Windows 10 device will successfully add some essential rules in the Mozilla Firefox. In the same way, if any user wants to set up a remote desktop using an internet connection, then one may need to follow the steps which are mentioned below.
Instructions to Configure Remote Access Over the Internet Connection
Do you want to access your PC remotely using the internet connection? You can do it just by setting up the system properties, for this, set up the local router to allow the remote connections. Also, users have to know Public IP address to connect your Windows 10 device over the internet connection easily. Know what to do:
Set a Static IP Address for your Computer System
Mostly computer system which is within a personal network is allotted dynamic IP addresses, which can be changed by users anytime when they want. If anyone often using the Remote Desktop app, it is necessary for them to configure their computer with a Static IP address. As a result, they don’t need to configure the Port forwarding settings at the time when your Windows 10 device gets a new IP address for their devices. Here what to do:
- Launch ‘Control Panel’ on your device.
- Then, tap on the ‘Network & Internet’ option.
- Press the ‘Network & Sharing Center’ option.
- On the ‘Network & Sharing Center’ left page, tap on the ‘Change Adapter Settings’ link.
- Right-tap on the ‘Network Adapter’ option and choose ‘Properties’ option.
- After that, choose ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) option.
- Tap on the ‘Properties’ tab.
- Choose ‘Use the Following IP Address’ option located on the ‘General’ tab.
- Now, provide a valid local IP address which is situated outside of the DHCP scope to stop IP address clashes in the network.
- Next, type a subnet mask for the network. Well, most of the home networks are using the Subnet mask, i.e. 255.255.255.0.
- Alternatively, provide the default gateway information which is the IP address of your router.
- In ‘Use the Following DNS Server Addresses’ always remember to type the IP address of your DNS server which is usually the IP address of your router.
- Tap on the ‘OK’ tab.
- Finally, press the ‘Close’ tab for completing the task.
Deam Jones is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.