Majority of Apple’s systems like computers have an inbuilt webcam on them. It is popularly known as FaceTime camera. Sometimes the camera of Mac stops working because of plenty of reasons. Stop getting worried about it. Go through this blog carefully to know about the ways of fixing Mac camera issues all by yourself.
Best tips for fixing Mac camera
Look for the app using the camera
Note that a single Mac application can only be used on each time. Make sure the app that you want to use is given access to the camera or not. Aqt times, you are unable to use the camera because some other app is already using it. This problem can be solved by closing the rest of the open apps that are using the camera. For instance, Skype, Facebook video calling, etc.
Restart your system
- Firstly, go to the Apple Menu. This option will be present towards the beginning at the left side corner of Mac’s display.
- After that, press on Restart.
- Lastly, look at the webcam whether it started working or not.
Resetting the MacBook
- Firstly, go to the Apple Menu. The Apple Menu shall be present towards the beginning of Mac’s display.
- Then, press Shut Down.
- Make sure that the MacBook’s power adapter connected to the system.
- After that, press the combination of Shift+Control+Options keys together.
- Next, press the power button for starting the system.
- Continue pressing it for half a minute.
- Next, let the Mac get booted.
- Lastly, look if your system has access to the camera.
The method resetting iMac, Mac Pro, or Mac Mini System Management Controller (SMC)
- Firstly, you need to begin by shutting down Mac by visiting the option of Apple Menu. It shall be put towards the above of the Mac display.
- Then, press the Shut Down option.
- After that, do disconnect of the power cord from your Mac.
- Next, do a long press on Mac’s power button for half a minute.
- Then, lift your fingers from the power key.
- After that, attach your power cable.
- Next, boot the Mac like done usually.
- Then, let the system get started.
- Lastly, check whether you now has access to the camera or not.
Hope now you have been able to fix issues that you were facing related to your Mac’s Camera.
Deam Jones is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.